Thursday, June 4, 2009

Oh screw you, Kanye

You know...for being a terrible singer and a mediocre rapper (everyone thinks he's "genius" and I just fail to see it...it's sad when the winner of "American Idol" does a cover of your song on national TV that I hate the original of, but love the cover...yeah...great music...), Kanye West has gone and pissed me off again. His hypocrisy is just ridiculous.

According to Reuters, West (whose late mother was an English professor) "does not read books or respect them" and feels that books are "wordy" and make the author seem "self-absorbed." He then went on to state that he would never want a book's autograph.

Yet, West has written a "book" of sayings.

Let's count the ways of hypocrisy here.

-Kanye doesn't read, but he wrote a book. 'Nough said.
-Books are wordy...what is his music made of? It's not all beats. It's words. Maybe not the "written word," but spoken "word" is just as important...if not worse at times. If I get irritated with a book, I can close it. You can't turn an annoying person off.
-Books make the author seem "self-absorbed."
Quotes from Kanye himself:
1. "I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice."
2. "Put this in the magazine: There’s nothing more to be said about music. I’m the fucking end-all, be-all of music. I know what I’m doing. I did 808s in three weeks. I got it."
3. “I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”
4. "Come on now! How could you be me and want to be someone else?"

I think that his quotes say it all.

I just can't get over the hypocrisy going on here. I can't get over the way that he acts. And I love that he goes so far to talk about how he dropped out of college because books were boring. If that's the reason one drops out of college...good God.

As for getting a 'book's autograph' Mr. West...well I'm sorry. The last time I checked, books were inanimate objects. They can't autograph themselves, dumbass.

I just...I can't even put my annoyance into words.

Kanye West is a huge hypocrite. And I've already devoted entirely too much time to him.

I'm off to listen to Kris Allen perform his music thirty thousand times better than he does and read a few books...you know. Those arrogant, mouthy, self-absorbed pages. What must I be thinking?


No comments: