Sunday, February 15, 2009

Songs I CANNOT Stop Listening To...





Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones



The first three tracks are all Lily Allen...and that's because I am absolutely obsessed with her new CD. It seriously is genius. Sure, her record label has given her so much shit to put this one out...but the time lapse was worth it. Because it's seriously incredible. Plus...I totally admire Lily Allen.

Track One
Song:
"Everyone's At It"
Artist: Lily Allen
Best Thing About This Song: The whole song is just incredible. It's all about how we take pills and why people do drugs and shit. I love it. Plus, it's catchy as hell.
Best Lyric: It's hard to pick one part of this song...the flow and the entirety are what make it genius...but if I must pick... "Why can’t we all, all just be honest?/Admit to ourselves that everyone’s on it/From grown politicians to young adolescence/Prescribing themselves anti depressants."

Track Two
Song:
"The Fear"
Artist: Lily Allen
Best Thing About This Song: It's Allen's introspection. It's catchy as hell. Plus the video is fantastic.
Best Lyric: "And I am a weapon of massive consumption/And its not my fault it’s how I’m programmed to function."

Track Three
Song:
Lily Allen
Artist: "Fuck You"
Best Thing About This Song: It just sounds so so so happy. But the message is just so nasty. I love that.
Best Lyric: "You’re just some racist who can’t tie my laces."

Track Four
Song:
"Swagga Like Us"
Artist: TI featuring M.I.A., Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z
Best Thing About This Song: As if M.I.A. performing this at the Grammy's on her due date wasn't epic enough...it's the first rap song in ages that I've absolutely loved. Plus, I hate Kanye...and I really don't mind him in this song.
Best Lyric: " You can pay for school but you can't buy class."

Track Five
Song:
"Feeling Good"
Artist: Muse
Best Thing About This Song: Granted it's a cover...but it's a great one. I love this song because it's all about feeling good...but it's got a sound that's heavy and dark. I just think that's fantastic.
Best Lyric: "It's a new dawn/It's a new day/It's a new life/For me.../And I'm feeling good."

Tracks Six-Nine
Songs:
"No More Gas" & "United States of Pop (2008 Edition - "Viva La Pop")" & "Kiss Britney's Boyfriend" & "Break the Teen Spirit"
Artists: Totally various.
Best Thing About This Song: Um...still loving the mash-ups. These are my favorites (some of them still).
Best Lyric: They're mash-ups. Lyrics aren't really what you download them for.

Track Ten
Song:
"Fucking Boyfriend"
Artist: The Bird and the Bee
Best Thing About This Song: Clearly, I'm still obsessed with this song.
Best Lyric: "Would you ever be my, would you be my f-cking boyfriend?"

Track Eleven
Song:
"Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades"
Artist: Brand New
Best Thing About This Song: I love how this song just sounds like sex. It's vague and breathy...but musically amazing. This is my favorite Brand New song. Nothing else they do compares to this CD.
Best Lyric:
"He is the lamb, she is the slaughter./She's moving way too fast, and all he wanted was to hold her./Nothing that he tells her is really having an effect./He whispers that he loves her/But she's probably only looking for..."

Track Twelve
Song:
"Chasing Pavements"
Artist: Adele
Best Thing About This Song: I love her voice. I love this song. It's that simple.
Best Lyric: "Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements?/Even if it leads nowhere/Or would it be a waste?/Even If I knew my place should I leave it there?"

No comments: