Friday, May 8, 2009

R.I.P. Nameless iPod

December 25, 2006- May 7, 2009
You and I had so many adventures together. You kept me sane in London and fueled my love of music with my friends there. You kept me sane at my summer job when the kids were way, way too loud. You kept me sane in airports, waiting for flights with layovers that seemed to drag on and on. You kept me sane on said planes...so that I did not have to hear the rumble of the engines and think about the fact that I was actually very, very, very high in the air. You kept me sane my entire senior year of college. Long gone were awkward shuttle rides with the academic student sitting quiet and nervously amongst the theatre kids...long gone were the quiet waits for classes to start with people I did not know in them. You kept me entertained in cars with friends and on road trips with my best friend. You helped me fuel my passion for music without forcing me to carry large bulky CD players and cases around.

You will be greatly missed because you were the first non-surprise-surprise Christmas gift that I ever received that has brought me countless amounts of joy in the amount of time that I had you. You were durable, you were full of hours of entertainment, you were blue.

I will miss you, 2nd Generation iPod encased in blue steel.

I will miss you.

No comments: