Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stephen Lynch is a silly bitch

I have to say that Stephen Lynch has been my favorite comedian -- excuse me, singing comedian -- for years now. Which is why I was super super excited to discover that his latest studio release "3 Balloons" is now available for download.

Lynch's last release -- The Craig Machine -- was pretty damn awesome...with songs about being a Nazi, Jesus' forgotten brother Craig and a bio-song about Satan.

3 Balloons, it's safe to say, blows it out of the water in inappropriateness.

And I absolutely, positively am one hundred and ten percent in love with it.

Among my favorite tracks are:
  • "3 Balloons" -- A song about stuffing drugs up one's ass and smuggling them on a plane
  • "Waiting" -- All about waiting for the results of an AIDs test and contemplating how such a thing could have possibly happened.
  • "Dear Diary" -- A series of short "Diary" like songs that are dispersed throughout the disc. Best one by far: Anne Frank.
  • "America" -- It's surprisingly patriotic while being totally satirical at the same exact time.
  • "A History Lesson" -- My absolute favorite track on the disc. I have the feeling some of it is improved, but it's pure genius. Plus, the line, "Write it down, motherfuckers..." will totally get caught in your head.
It's fantastic to see Lynch sticking true to his guns and continuing to push those boundaries about what's socially unacceptable for him to perform and what isn't. God. I love it.

Now go and write it down, motherfuckers.

No comments: