Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nostalgia Project: Album One

Nostalgia Project: Album 1
Artist Name: OK Go
Album Name: OK Go
Release Date: September 17, 2002
Stumbled Across: Somewhere around 2003-2004 (I think??)


What I Remember About The Album Then:
I'm not quite certain when exactly I purchased this album.  I know that it definitely pre-dates the "Here It Goes Again" era of OK Go.  My brother downloaded "Get Over It" onto our computer, I found it, loved the sound, and immediately decided to download more...which finally led to me buying the whole album.  I know I was in high school, because I can remember driving the old Escape around and listening to this.

What I Think About The Album Now:
This album holds up.  Really, really, really well.  I don't have any emotional ties to any of these songs (meaning singalongs with friends and such)...it was just an album I'd listen to on my own.  This means that there's absolutely no bad ties (or good) that go along with it.

I do, however, think the album art is still as hideous as I did back then. But...that's minor.

I know that OK Go got real big with their videos, but back in the day of dial-up, I didn't really have fast access to videos, so I discovered them merely by sound and not by level of video awesomeness.

Which, for some reason, makes me love them even more.

Notable Tracks:
"Get Over It"
"Don't Ask Me"
"What To Do" -- featuring one of my absolute favorite lyrics of all time..."Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time."
"Hello, My Treacherous Friends"
"Bye Bye Baby"

No comments: