Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Electric Heartbeats

2011's music is already kicking 2010's ass hardcore badly. This March alone there are two new releases from my two main music loves: Britney Spears and The Sounds. Both are electro-trashy goodness and both keep me dancing no matter where I am.

Britney Spears
Femme Fatale

Britney said in a recent interview that "the bitch is back and better than ever." Truer words have never been spoken. Say what you will about how guarded she is, but all I see is a mom who wants to have a career and her kids...leave thegirl alone.

Especially when she's making music this fierce.

All I'm going to say is that I can't wait to see how she outdoes herself yet again live.

Love, love, love this album.
Best Tracks: For real...there's only one track on here that I skip...but if you're looking for the ones that get that five minute drive to and from work replay, look no further than "How I Roll" which is so un-Britney and is so why I love it so much, "Criminal" which with my true crime spree as of late is no surprise, "Gasoline" which is really very punny in the best possible way, "Trouble for Me" which is just too damn catchy and "Inside Out."

The Sounds
Better Off Dead

While I totally respect The Sounds for the direction that their last album took, it's not one that I put on and just want to dance, except, of course, for "Beat Box" and "Four Songs and a Fight."

But they, too, are back and better than ever.

With an edgier, darker sound, The Sounds are doing what they do best: Making you try to sit still in your seat. Because you can't. Really. It's quite impossible.

And really, Maja Ivarrson really can't do any wrong. Plus the keyboards on this album? Siiiccccckkkkkk.

Best Tracks: "It's So Easy" which is really just an extended intro to the disc but is catchy as all shit, "Dance with the Devil" because who wouldn't want to..."Better Off Dead" for it's epic build up, "Something to Die For" for it's awesome chorus, "Yeah Yeah Yeah" for nothing other than the line "You don't float like a butterfly or fight like Ali...Dress like Prince but to the lowest degree." "Wish You Were Here" deserves huge props because it's so subtle, but entirely perfect.

No comments: