Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh jeez oh man...

It has been FOREVER since I've blogged. Things got hectic at work, I lost all form of a personal life, I went to Pittsburgh and discovered the roller derby and reassembled the tripod, I've been exhausted. All of those are viable reasons. A big one being that when I get home from work, my wit is all gone. :(

So to make up for it...here's an uber-post of awesomeness of all the things I've fallen in love with lately, plus random thoughts and takes on things.

I'm Totally in Love With...
Lee Dewyze.
The only thing that bums me out about "Idol" this year is that there are a lot of talented singer/songwriters...and none of them get the chance to actually show their talents. Lee's two previous releases are way more impressive than anything he's been able to show on "Idol" because they're his songs and they're personal. Love his original music.

Totally Bummed About
Jenna Jameson.
Girl needs to get her shit together. First there's reports that Tito beat her...and hours later she's talking to the press? And suddenly, he's saying she's got a drug addiction? Something isn't adding up. Plus, she's looking haggard again, which worries me. She's been through so much and pulled out of it...hopefully she has the strength to do it again. Part of what's always made her so fabulous is how strong of an independent woman she can be. She's finally a mom...Here's to hoping things start to look up for her no matter what the situation.

I'm Reading...
A ton of "true crime" books lately. Working on "Green River, Running Red" by Ann Rule which is all about the Green River murders. Super interesting...but...

I Cannot Stop Thinking About...
Columbine by Dave Cullen
Seriously. I haven't ever had a book resonate with me this long.

I Was (And Still Am) Amused By...
Arrested Development.
Thanks a lot, Honkus.

I'm Really Excited About...
LAS VEGAS in JULY!!!!
LA too...but Vegas is first...so I'm way more pumped about it.

I'm Way Over...
Ke$ha
Girl can sing...but it seems like all she does is speak sings. Try something new. It all sounds the same...

I find these lyrics to be brilliant...
"You always were my favorite drug.
Even when we used to take drugs."
I love the Stone Temple Pilots. LOVE them and love that they're addressing Weiland's crazy addiction.

I'm Going to See...
Conan O'Brien in Boston.

And then in August...I'm going to see...
Lady Gaga with a ton of people...again, thanks Honkus. :)

I'm Still Totally Loving...
The "Glee" take on Madonna.

And Don't Know How I Lived So Long Without...
My satellite radio. Love.

1 comment:

Mari said...

#1 VEGAS
#2 kesha pisses me off too. so sick of her i mean who honestly wants to wake up feeling like p.diddy. no i.
#3 totally jealous about conan. he's my secret love....and if there were ever a possibility of an affair (a little like tom) i would jump his bones.
#4 CAN IT BE JULY???!!!