Sunday, August 30, 2009

Currents as of August 2009

Current Listening
The Sounds -- Entire Discography

I am completely, thoroughly obsessed again. I know it's all because I'm getting to see a whole show LIVE after being teased so much when they opened for No Doubt.

I can safely say that The Sounds are not one of my favorite bands...they ARE my favorite band.

Discuss.

Suggest Listening: All of it...unless I hate you and don't want you to like my band. Then none of it. I'm very protective of them...

Cobra Starship -- Hot Mess

There's a reason I've given up on Fall Out Boy...but stuck with Cobra Starship. The band's never strayed from what it originally set out to do...fun punk/dance/electro pop music meant to entertain...not re-define a genre. The music isn't something that's going to change my life...but I don't expect it to. It's fun to listen to and a much needed distraction at work.

Suggested Listening: "Hot Mess" - "Living in the Sky with Diamonds" - "The World Will Never Do"

Various Mashups

The current "winners" of the moment are Muse vs. Some Other Pop Artist (usually Brit). I found a great Muse/Brit mash up with "Unusual You" and a great "Break the Ice" vs. "Supermassive Black Hole." The only thing better than a great mashup...a great title for a great mashup. "Break the Supermassive Black Ice" and "Dirrty Black Hole" win the prize.

Also found another great Linkin Park/Britney mashup ("What I've Done to Circus"). Something about Brit and Linkin Park just seems to go together ("Faint/Toxic" anyone??).

Current Reading
Sloppy Firsts -- Megan McCafferty

Re-reading them only makes me fall more and more in love with McCafferty's novels.

They also make feel feel better...especially when I read things like...

L.A. Candy -- Lauren Conrad

Yes. I read it. Yes. I loved "The Hills" and watched it every week when Lauren was on. Yes. I watched "Laguna Beach."

No, I will not watch it without Lauren in it this fall.

Yes. I will never speak of this book ever, ever again.

Current Watching
The X-Files -- Season 7

And only a few eps of 7 left. I bought 8 and 9, but let's face it. The X-Files is NOT the same without Duchovny. I am not looking forward to shoving through them...but know I have to watch the whole she-bang now that I've started.

I Love You Man

For real, Jason Segel. Would you just marry me already?

No comments: